Exterior shutters in Richmond don’t just make your house look beautiful. They may enhance its resale worth too.
There are several different types of decorative exterior shutters, which we’ll discuss shortly. When you design these shutters for your house, you’ll want to work with a knowledgeable professional, for instance one from Louver Shop of Richmond. We can help you choose and come up with the ideal option for your residence during a free consultation.
Keep reading to find out about the most in-demand kinds of exterior shutters and the advantages of installing them at your house.
Types of Decorative Exterior Shutters
- Board and Batten Shutters—From wide boards to thick battens, these enchanting shutters offer a country look. Board and batten shutters enhance many home styles, including traditional, farmhouse, lake and forest homes. They’re typically available in composite, vinyl and aluminum versions.
- Raised Panel Shutters—These are one of the most popular classic shutter designs. Raised panel shutters have solid panels and have decorative definition. They frequently come in single-, double- and triple-panel designs and work with many architectural styles, both historic and modern. They’re usually sold in composite, vinyl and aluminum styles.
- Bahama Shutters—These shutters are great for tropical areas, such as coastal or beach residences. Bahama shutters shield against harsh sunlight and let in cooling wind. They’re frequently found in aluminum and fiberglass models.
- Louvered Shutters—These are another classic shutter style. Louvered shutters use straight lines that complement a large number of houses, like historic and contemporary. They’re typically sold in aluminum, fiberglass, hybrid and vinyl styles.
At Louver Shop of Richmond, our shutters can be customized in decorative and operational options. They can be customized in almost any color or design. You can also create your own style by adding fine hardware, curved tops and more.
3 Benefits of Exterior Shutters
- They keep your house cool. If you go with an operational kind of shutter, you can draw your shutters during warm days to boost your house’s energy efficiency. That way, your home stays cooler while keeping your utility costs economical.
- They give your house a custom appearance. Once you settle on a kind, the options are nearly limitless for shapes, colors and optional hardware. Shutters can make your house look unique and be eye-catching.
- They could enhance your resale value. Premium exterior shutters, such as models from Louver Shop of Richmond, may increase your home’s value. They’re also an attractive add-on for prospective buyers, especially when they’re custom.
Quality is significant when you’re looking to add a permanent improvement to your home’s exterior. At Louver Shop of Richmond, we make all our exterior shutters in the USA. Not only will you get them more quickly, they’ll be attractive for many years.
We also back them with one of the best limited lifetime warranties for shutters, so you won’t have to worry about buckling, chipping, peeling or discoloration that can result with shoddily manufactured shutters from overseas.
Whether you’re just beginning with your shutter project or have been dreaming about them for years, our design pros can help. We’re skilled when it comes to making gorgeous residences happen. Contact us at 888-428-1415 to get your free consultation now!